“Top 10 Fat loss tips for those who care about health”
Jessica’s Top 10 fat loss Tips
- Increase your fibre intake- eat at least another 200-300 grams of fibrous vegetables per day on top of what your already eating and you will see great results.
- Drink more water with added minerals- 2.5-3 litres per day with a sprinkle of ancient sea salt to enhance absorption. (Do not turn to sport drinks because they contain too much sugar and salt)
- Limit any processed foods- if your food doesn’t look like its natural form be careful of added chemicals, salt, sugar, and saturated fat.
- Take all ‘extras’ out- meaning; salad dressing, butter on toast, sauces, sugar in coffee.
- Eat more often but smaller amounts eg; turn 3 meals a day into 5 or 6 by adding more vegetables and eating a bread pate sized meals instead of a dinner plate sized meals.
- When you prepare your meals do not use butter or oil if you can help it. Even just substituting olive oil instead of butter will cut your calories down considerably. Also steaming vegetables is a great way to cook delicious food without the added butter and oil needed in pan cooking.
- Eat small and regular amounts of protein rich foods to help keep you feeling fuller for longer. Helping to prevent ‘bad’ snacking.
- Don’t eat too late at night; allow your food to digest better before going to bed. Also limit your carbohydrate intake at night. ‘You don’t need energy to sleep’
- Lower your calorie intake not your food intake- eat nutrient rich foods that are lower in calories therefore giving you more bang for your buck. Also increasing your vegetable intake, will increase the volume of food you are eating without the extra calories.
- BREAKFAST is the most important meal of the day. It increases your metabolism and energises you for your daily needs ahead.
In an ideal world where time is not an issue, we would prepare all our meals with fresh produce and a wide variety of vegetables, grains and protein…
In reality, most of us have a plethora of other commitments taking up our time – kids, jobs and activities, leaving us without much time to prepare meals in advance.
Therefore, supplementing our diet with things such as bars and shakes can be quite useful but please do your research! It is important to get a quality product. Ensure that you get enough vitamins, minerals, fibre and protein per serve, with as little calories as possible – the less sugar content the better. Natural sweeteners such as Stevia and Xylitol are good options.
Food is always the best option but missing a meal is more detrimental, as one key to losing weight is consistently having frequent meals through the day.
Bars and shakes cut out preparation time and can be kept on you, in the car, at the office, perfect for that emergency “in-between-meals” meal!
Most important when considering a change for the better in regards to your eating is that it’s realistic for your lifestyle. This will ensure that you will be able to commit to the change for a long period of time to get the results you desire.
I look forward to writing more about these topics and sharing my thoughts with you. I would love to hear your comments and feedback!! If you have a topic you would like to discuss I look forward to hearing from you.