I’ve had multiple sclerosis since my teens and recently (July, 2012) I made the Australian Paralympics’ bench press team. ‘
In November last year (2013) I competed in Malaysia for the International Championships, qualifying for the World Championships in Dubai this April ,2014, which was mind blowing.
On 1st of February this year (2014) I won the female state championships gaining myself a position on the commonwealth games team to go to Scotland in August.
Achievements since 2011:
- 7 Australian records
- 2 Oceanic records
- Placed first in 12 power lifting competitions both able body and Paralympic.
- Currently placed 7th in the world for my class (under 67kg) currently April 2014 (after the Dubai World Championships).
- Being selected to compete for Australia in the Commonwealth Games team in August this year.
- competing in Malaysia and Dubai two massive international competitions representing Australia.
- Placing 4th at the Commonwealth Games on the 2nd of august 2014, in Glasgow Scotland.
- Placing 1st in the under 72kg wt class at the Australian Bench Press Championships (IPF), Benching 75kg weighing in at 65kg.
- Placing 1st at the IPC Australian Nationals for the under 67kg weight class, Breaking 2 Australian records of 77kg and 79kg weighing in at 65kg.
I am a member of Disability sport and recreation and the Australian paralympic committee as well as Power lifting Australia. I am also in the Australian Paralympic Preparation Program. Unfortunately now that our funding has been totally cut by the Australian Sports Commission, just before the Comm games and and the athletes were the last to find out, we now need to do full personal fund raising to get to our international events in order to be eligible for the Olympics in Rio 2016. So cross your fingers for us.